Sign our petition
Close the camps
End offshore detention and create safe pathways for people who seek our help
WILL YOU SIGN THE PETITION?
Close the camps
Looking after one another is at the core of who we are as Australians. That’s why we’re committed to creating fair processes to help people find safety and rebuild their lives with dignity.
Join our campaign to treat refugees and asylum seekers with compassion by adding your voice to now.
The Greens plan for justice for refugees:
- End offshore detention on Manus Island and Nauru
- Increase Australia’s humanitarian intake to 50,000 per year
- Establish a regional solution for people seeking asylum including assessing people’s claims for protection in partner countries in a timely way
- Introduce a 7 day limit for onshore detention and provide fair support for people seeking asylum to live with dignity in the community
- Abolish Temporary Protection Visas and reintroduce Permanent Protection Visas for refugees
All of us, including people who are fleeing war-torn countries, have a right to live free from danger, to be treated with dignity and compassion and to be given help when we need it. Australians are compassionate and fair. Looking out for others is at the very core of who we are.
But our values are being betrayed by both the major parties, who, in an attempt to win your vote, have spent years locking up women, men and children in indefinite detention, separating families who have turned to Australia for help.
The Greens are the only party to have always stood against indefinite offshore detention. We believe the Manus Island and Nauru detention centres must be closed, and every single man, woman and child who are detained there brought to Australia. We will create a system that fairly and quickly helps people find safety, rebuild their lives with dignity and doesn’t punish them for seeking our help.
Volunteer With Us
Our movement is people powered. It’s going to take all of us to win. Will you join us?
Donate to Our Campaign
Unlike Labor and the Liberals we don’t take corporate donations. We need your help to win.